About City of Kingston
City of Kingston lies along the shores of Port Phillip Bay, with suburbs Mentone, Parkdale, Mordialloc, Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Bonbeach and Carrum spanning the boundary along the bay. Carrum Downs, Chelsea Heights, Heatherton and Braeside are a few of the inland suburbs of City of Kingston.
The municipality itself is around 15km south of Melbourne and is one of Melbourne’s main employment districts with major industrial, manufacturing and commercial centres.
Patterson River was dug through the middle of the wetlands in the late 1800s to drain and provide flood protection and farmland. The river provides access to canals in Carrum and Bonbeach and is one of the most popular fishing and boating gateways to Port Phillip Bay.
Planning a project in Kingston?
You might be tempted to complete the Kingston City Council planning process yourself in order to save money. This is understandable, and it might save you money, but it also might end up costing you more in lost time or result in a poor outcome. In the long run the hours spent learning local council rules, regulations, processes and procedures can be extensive and exhausting. Then you need to complete a planning report and collect all the information the council require, which varies depending on the site, the type of project, the specific planning controls and more. Change of Plan can help. No matter who you are, we’ll make the process quick and easy.
Kingston City Council Town Planning
Change of Plan can help. We are experts in understanding the complex town planning controls common in the Kingston Shire. We know what is and isn’t achievable and can guide your town planning project to a smooth and successful outcome.
- Designers: We’ll help make sure your beautiful designs get approved by providing preliminary advice on the planning controls for a site, as well as providing feedback on a proposal.
- Builders: Let us cut through the paperwork jungle while you get on with building, making your clients happy.
- Developers: We can help you avoid making costly million-dollar mistakes, while making profitable million-dollar decisions.
- Renovators: We’ll provide advice on your proposal and help push it through. Skip all the headaches and endless paperwork and just get on with building that extension.
- Businesses: Hit the ground running by letting us advise you on selecting a property and location that is suitable for your business.
Getting Help With Your Town Planning Project
At Change of Plan we have ample experience in handling urban or town planning permits with Kingston City Council on behalf of our clients. You can see some of our recent projects, including projects in the City of Kingston.
There are many types of planning permits to keep in mind with Kingston City Council, including:
- Alterations and additions to a dwelling (including fencing)
- Two or more dwellings on a lot
- Commercial / Industrial
- Advertising signs
- Changes of use such as gyms and dance schools
Sound complicated? It doesn’t need to be! Change of Plan can handle any of these permit types for you. Over the years we have built up a wealth of insider knowledge of all the regulations and intricacies of council (as well as made a few handy contacts), so if you’re looking to get your town planning application in Kingston approved smoothly and quickly, there’s no one better than the experts at Change of Plan.