About Frankston Council
Frankston City Council aligns with Port Phillip Bay approximately 40km south-east of Melbourne. With an area of 131 square km, its approximate 10km coastline accommodates the localities of Frankston and Seaford, and suburbs including Carrum Downs, Karingal, Sandhurst, Skye and Langwarrin lie just inland.
The Mornington Peninsula sits just below Frankston City Council, making Frankston a gateway to the peninsula and a hub for residents of both shires with its array of amenities from education, to shopping and leisure, healthcare and more. Frankston has undergone a major facelift over recent years, transforming it into an employment and economic centre, having created many work and living opportunities.
The Frankston City Council area boasts gorgeous beaches and lookouts, tranquil parks, and plenty of places for families to visit and play. Frankston displays its amplitude of culture with an abundance of street art and sculptures adorning the city.
Planning a project in Frankston?
You might be tempted to complete the Frankston City Council planning process yourself in order to save money. This is understandable, and it might save you money, but it also might end up costing you more in lost time or result in a poor outcome. In the long run the hours spent learning local council rules, regulations, processes and procedures can be extensive and exhausting. Then you need to complete a planning report and collect all the information the council require, which varies depending on the site, the type of project, the specific planning controls and more. When a planning application is lodged incorrectly or with insufficient information, it creates unnecessary delays and could even see your application rejected.
Frankston Council Town Planning
Change of Plan can help. We are experts in understanding the complex town planning controls common in the Frankston Council. We know what is and isn’t achievable and can guide your town planning project to a smooth and successful outcome. No matter who you are, we’ll make the process quick and easy.
- Designers: We’ll help make sure your beautiful designs get approved by providing preliminary advice on the planning controls for a site, as well as providing feedback on a proposal.
- Builders: Let us cut through the paperwork jungle while you get on with building, making your clients happy.
- Developers: We can help you avoid making costly million-dollar mistakes, while making profitable million-dollar decisions.
- Renovators: We’ll provide advice on your proposal and help push it through. Skip all the headaches and endless paperwork and just get on with building that extension.
- Businesses: Hit the ground running by letting us advise you on selecting a property and location that is suitable for your business.
Getting help with your town planning project
At Change of Plan we have ample experience in handling town planning permits with Frankston City Council on behalf of our clients. You can see some of our recent projects, including projects in the City of Frankston.
Examples of common types of planning permit applications within Frankston Council that we have handled recently include:
- Restaurant and liquor licences
- Multi-unit developments
- Industrial development
- Advertising signs
- Changes of use such as gyms and dance schools
Sound complicated? That’s why we’re here. It doesn’t need to be hard! Change of Plan will handle all of these permit types for you. Over the years we have built up a wealth of insider knowledge of all the regulations and intricacies of council (as well as made a few handy contacts), so if you’re looking to get your town planning application in Frankston approved smoothly and quickly, there’s no one better than the experts at Change of Plan.